1. 1265 POINTS
    Drew Delaney, J.D., CLCSPRO
    Commercial Lines Producer, Secure Investors Group, INC, Troy, Michigan
    The short answer is it depends. 

    A typical Howeowners policy will not cover basement walls/foundation for normal wear and tear.  However, if a named peril occurs for which you have coverage, then you can make a claim against your insurance company. For example, if you have an earthquake endorsement on your policy and one occurs, that will trigger coverage for your basement walls.  

    A corollary to this is seeking a basement wall/foundation endorsement on your policy.  This will provide more elaborate coverage for your basement walls/foundation regardless of a named peril.
    Answered on May 16, 2013
  2. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>