1. 14231 POINTS
    Tom SheehanPRO
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    Ordinarily, no, however, you should check with your Insurance Professional to see if the policy you have can be endorsed to include "Personal Injury" protection.  The General Liability coverage in a homeowners' policy protects you in the event you do something that causes damage to someone else's property or physical injury. Slander is covered under the personal injury endorsement.  In these days of social media, this is a great coverage to have.
    Answered on August 2, 2013
  2. 1844 POINTS
    David W. ClausenPRO
    Chief Executive Officer, Coastal Homeowners Insurance Solutions, Rocky Point, NY 11778
    Slander is normally not covered under a standard Homeowners insurance policy or Ho-3. You can add an endorsement, or rider, to the policy for Personal Injury Coverage that would usually cover slander. Liability coverage is provided under a standard homeowners policy but is limited to bodily injury and property damage. Make sure you speak with your independent insurance agent because each policy has different coverage's and different forms. Ideally, you would like an ISO (insurance services organization) form with the ability to add a "Personal Injury Endorsement"). Additionally, some insurance companies have different tiers that may already include coverage for slander. Check your policy with your agent for full details. Hope this answer helps.
    Answered on February 18, 2016
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>