1. 7647 POINTS
    Mark Bartlett CLCSPRO
    Branch Owner, TWFG Insurance Services, Fremont California and the Greater Bay Area Representing Dozens of Insurance Carriers
    There are 3 policy forms for property insurance. Basic, Broad and Special.

    Basic will cover, Fire, Lightning, Windstorm or Hail, Explosion, Smoke, Vandalism, Aircraft or Vehicle Collision, Riot or Civil Commotion, Sinkhole Collapse, Volcanic Activity. 

    Broad will cover all of Basic plus falling objects, weight of ice, sleet or snow, and accidental water damage. 

    Special will cover everything that is not specifically excluded. If the policy does not exclude the coverage you are covered. Common exclusion are government action, nuclear hazard, war and military action, flood, fungus and pollution. Special Form gives you the broadest coverage's. 

    Now with special form you have a choice of an HO3 or an HO5

    An HO3 is named perils for personal property and HO5 is open perils minus exclusion for personal property. While HO3 is the most common policy purchased the HO5 is the broadest coverage you can get in a homeowners policy.
    Answered on June 10, 2013
  2. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>