1. 63254 POINTS
    Peggy MacePRO
    CEO and Senior Agent, Outlook Life, Inc, Most of the U.S.
    To locate a life insurance policy for a deceased person, you first should try to find the policy itself. If it is not stored in the deceased person's files or if you cannot find a record of it anywhere, see if a sibling or parent or child might recall the company through which it was purchased. If you can find the company, then all it takes is a phone call to the company to get the get the claim paid.
    Answered on June 3, 2013
  2. 910 POINTS
    Ken Boncela
    Ageny Owner, Farmers Insurance, Ken Boncela Insurance & Financial Services, Oswego, lllinois
    After checking all the deceased records, try former employers.  When all other resources are exhausted there is a fee-based service available through MIB Solutions' Policy Locator Service. You can find an online application and more information about the fee, eligibility to use the service and requirements at http://www.mib.com/lost_life_insurance.html Good luck!
    Answered on June 3, 2013
  3. 10983 POINTS
    Tim WilhoitPRO
    Owner, Your Friend 4 Life, Brentwood TN
    I will tell you finding a life insurance policy without knowing the insurance company's name is a bit like finding a needle in a haystack. After doing the obvious of going through old papers to find some clue, there are a couple of websites to try. The first place to try that is free is the NAIC, National Association of Insurance, their website: http://naic.org/state_web_map.htm can put you in touch with your states Department of Insurance or DOI, to see if they have a life insurance was policy filed under the insured’s name in the state. Not all policies are filed unfortunately. If you don't have any luck there then try one that does charge a search fee of approximately $75.00 by the MIB Solutions website http://www.mib.com/lost_life_insurance_howto.html . Good luck!
    Answered on July 15, 2014
  4. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>