1. 63254 POINTS
    Peggy MacePRO
    CEO and Senior Agent, Outlook Life, Inc, Most of the U.S.
    Yes, naturalized citizens can get Medicare. If they have paid Social Security taxes for at least 10 years, they can get Part A for free. If they have not fulfilled the required tax contribution period, they may be able to qualify for free Part A Medicare through their spouse's eligibility. Otherwise, they can pay a premium for Part A.
    Answered on October 10, 2013
  2. 1575 POINTS
    Christopher LawrencePRO
    Insurance Broker | Financial Consultant, Lawrence Insurance Consulting, Southern New Jersey
    Part B relates to nonhospital benefits and is available to those 65 and over. They must be a citizen or resident of the United States who has been here lawfully for five consecutive years. (This is true regardless of whether or not someone is eligible for Part A.) An individual is given the opportunity to apply for Part B coverage and then they must pay the premiums themselves. If they do not take the Part B benefit when first offered, they must wait until January 1st of the following year to apply.
    Answered on October 10, 2013
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>