1. Samuel Smith
    Enrolled Agent-licensed to practice before the IRS, Samuel N Smith, EA, South Carolina
    The short answer is yes it covers echocardiogram under Part B. Does it cover the costs in full-the answer is no. If you have original medicare then 80% is paid by medicare and you have to pay the 20% if you do not have a medicare supplement/
    If you have Medicare Advantage you have to pay the $50 specialist charge plus the company that you are covered by may only pay a percentage of the charge and you have to pay the balance.
    How to know what yuo have to pay before you go-call the company and ask them
    Answered on November 24, 2013
  2. Jason Goldenzweig
    Co-Founder, TermInsuranceBrokers.com, Goldenzweig Financial Group, Haymarket, Virginia
    Yes! Medicare will cover an echocardiogram. Your doctor must order/prescribe one.An echocardiogram is covered under Medicare Part B. Medicare will pay for about 80% of the costs after the Part B deductible is met ($147 in 2014) - you would be responsible for the other 20% and the Part B deductible. 

    Please note, when you first enroll in Medicare Part B, you open your 6-month initial open enrollment period to buy a Medicare supplement plan (a.k.a. Medigap plan) with NO MEDICAL UNDERWRITING!. A Medigap plan can cover the deductibles and a portion or all of the other 20% of expenses covered by Part B and features a number of other big advantages as well. An experienced broker can help find the plan that's most suitable for you and your budget. Please let me know if I can be of help. Thanks very much
    Answered on May 8, 2014
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?
    Yes
    No
    Go!

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.


<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>