1. 145 POINTS
    Cecil Sabu
    Bank Representative, State Farm insurance,
    The primary coverage is for loss of your personal property due to the covered perils such as fire, water, wind, hail, theft, lightning, smoke, explosion, vandalism and so on. The standard deductible is the $500 minimum, after which covered claims are paid out.

    The second part of your policy is for medical payments and personal liability coverage. If any of your guests should be injured on your property, they would receive up to the coverage limit for medical payments coverage. Personal liability is usually a $100,000 minimum and can be increased. Liability arising through the use of your residence (such as a water leaking and causing damage to an adjacent unit) or other personal liability claims against yourself would be covered and would help provide you with the monetary means in the event of a lawsuit, as well as legal defense.

    You also have loss of use coverage that would cover the accommodation and relocation expenses of living elsewhere if your residence becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim such as smoke or fire damage to your unit.
    Answered on April 13, 2013
  2. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>