1. 16495 POINTS
    David OsgoodPRO
    Agent, Rural Mutual Insurance Co., Union Grove, WI
    It is unlikely though that your renters policy will provide coverage for mold. Your renters insurance may possibly provide some limited coverage for mold less your policy deductible.  Please remember every policy is different. Read your policy completely to understand the coverage provided and any exclusions that may be contained within.
    Answered on November 3, 2013
  2. 0 POINTS
    Dmitriy Glazer
    Mold and fungus coverage may be covered under your renters insurance. But the coverage most likely will be limited to a certain number, like $5K or $25K and deductible will apply.
    To better answer this question, check your insurance policy. If you can electronically search for the word "mold" do that. 
    For example, The Hartford Insurance Company generally will pay out for mold damage that's a direct result of a peril that's covered by your policy. Let's say mold, which needs moisture to thrive, is caused by water from a failed pipe, a covered peril. In that case, any resulting mold damage should be covered because the source of the water is covered by your policy. However, if mold is due to long-term neglect or overdue maintenance, then homeowners insurance is unlikely to cover the damage. 
    Visit our website and instantly compare 3 HO proposals from Hartford, Travelers, Safeco on https://secure.insurezone.com/brand/iz/display.jsp?ToPage=Go&Time=T1383699931389
    Answered on November 6, 2013
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>