Just thinking about buying life insurance on my brother, He is younger than me and I love him with all my heart but he always in need of something money from me a place to sleep etc. He is 44 years old and at time drives me to pulling my hair. Has some medical problems now. I feel really low for asking but it would be nice to get something back for putting out countless money and everything that comes with it. Can I do this?

1. David Mrozek
    Insurance Advisor, The Mrozek Agency, Ann Arbor, MI
    I'm almost afraid to answer this question but I will anyway.  I can understand how you could feel that you're owed something for all the time, money, and heartache you've invested in your brother.  Would money really make all that better?  It seems every family has one member who takes care of everyone else and it sounds like you're that person in your family.  I also believe that, eventually, you'll be rewarded for it and it'll probably be with something worth more than money.

While you can't put insurance on your brother, he can surely buy some of his own and name you as the beneficiary.  You can even pay the premiums if you'd like but he has to make the decision and go through the process.
    Answered on November 18, 2013

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>