1. 37376 POINTS
    David G. Pipes, CLU®, RICP®
    Business Development Officer, T.D. McNeil Insurance Services, Fresno, California
    A homeowner’s policy covers damage that is the result of one of the specified perils. Structural damage that is the result of fire, windstorm, hail, etc. is covered under most policies. Structural damage caused by flooding of earth movement is generally excluded. It would be a good idea to discuss this with your insurance agent prior to submitting a claim.
    Answered on October 23, 2014
  2. 14231 POINTS
    Tom Sheehan
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    A Homeowners policy is not a warranty so if you are asking about structural damage due to faulty workmanship, then more than likely not. On the other hand, a homeowners policy, as was stated previously, does cover structural damage caused by a covered peril, for example fire, lightning, hail, windstorm or hurricane (though there may be some limitations on the later depending upon where you live). Damage due to flooding is never covered by a Homeowners policy and dameage due to earth movement may be if you have that endorsed onto your policy. Naturally any covered loss would be subject to your policy deductible. It is best to talk with your Insurance Professional about teh specific terms, conditions and limitations of your particular policy for a beter understanding.
    Answered on June 15, 2016
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>