1. Mark Bartlett CLCSPRO
    Branch Owner, TWFG Insurance Services, Fremont California and the Greater Bay Area Representing Dozens of Insurance Carriers
    The fine in California for not having auto insurance is $796.00. However I have seen cases where the judge has increased the fine up to $1500.00 depending on if you are a repeat offender. Also you license can be suspended for not having insurance. If you get into an accident with no insurance your license WILL BE SUSPENDED for up to one year for not having insurance and your car most likely will be impounded. Not only that. If you are at - fault in an accident with no insurance I hope you can afford an attorney. Not having auto insurance in California is taken very seriously.
    Answered on August 16, 2013
  2. Owner, Pfeifer Insurance Brokers, Burlingame, CA
    If you get pulled over and fail to show proof of insurance when it is requested, you can be fined up to $800. If you get into an accident and do not have insurance, you can have your license suspended, your car impounded and be fined. Be sure to obey the law and get insurance or some other form of Evidence of Financial Responsibility.
    Answered on August 15, 2013

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>