1. Owner, Best Online Insurance Rates, US
    You can cancel your individual health insurance policy at any time. Typically, contacting your broker or insurer by email or phone will start the easy process. It is possible that at some point, your request will have to be made in writing.

The unused portion of your premium will be promptly refunded. Typically it takes about 10-14 days.

If you are trying to cancel group health insurance coverage through an employer, it may be a bit more involved. You should contact your HR representative and discuss the best way to terminate your plan.

As an experienced health insurance broker with more than 32 years of experience, I have handled many healthcare policy terminations. I encourage our clients to always call or email us for any issue, whether it be terminating coverage or purchasing a new Exchange policy through our website.
    Answered on May 15, 2013

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>