When I purchased my home I was married. Mortgage, deed and original insurance policy in my married name. I got divorced and about two years later had my name legally changed back to my maiden name. I did not change the name on my mortgage or deed. I later took out a HO policy with a different agency, filling out the application in my now current name. This means that the names on my policy and my mortgage/deed are different. Is this an issue? Everything else in the policy matches, loan servicer, loan number, etc.

I have never been notified by either my insurance agent or my loan servicer that there is a problem.

1. 1174 POINTS
    Scott W JohnsonPRO
    Manager, Marindependent Insurance Services LLC, California
    No one but your insurance agent and insurance company can tell you this with any certainty.

Contact your insurance company and let them know the situation.

Since this is a name change due to a divorce/marriage - I personally do not see much of an issue to it. However it is your duty to tell your insurance company about such changes.
    Answered on July 17, 2017
  2. Did you find these answers helpful?
    Yes
    No
    Go!

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>