If the answer is yes, who can I go to who has a contract for this product with retired military: Tricare for Life?

1. 703 POINTS
    Everett Debrow, Jr.
    Principal Agent, Patriarch Associates,LLC, Opelika, Alabama
    Hello, and thanks for the opportunity!
    While a vast majority of carriers do not presently cover lymphedema sleeves, this may change soon!
    There has been (since 2009) significant activity at the federal level. The intent is to make it mandatory for carriers of health insurance to offer coverage for lymphedema. A bill known as the Lymphdema Treatment Act was introduced in 2010 by Rep. Larry Kissell of North Carolina. It was the result of the efforts of a North Carolina parent whose son was born with lymphedema. This act and its aims are talked about in depth on its dedicated website; the website address is www.LymphdemaTreatmentAct.org. It gives all the particulars, leaving no question unanswered.The website keeps up-to-date information and offers present status updates on the progress of the bill. Industry trends generally lean toward being proactive, so you may be able to obtain coverage in the not-too-distant future!
    I hope this is a start to you finding some definitive answers to the questions you may have. Thank you very much for the opportunity to answer your question!
    Answered on November 30, 2017
  2. Did you find these answers helpful?
    Yes
    No
    Go!

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>