1. 14231 POINTS
    Tom Sheehan
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    If your brother resides with you and has regular access to your cars, then yes, he should be added to your policy.  If on the other hand, he is just in town visiting for a while and you want to let him borrow your car, then there is no need to formally add him to the policy.
    Answered on August 2, 2013
  2. 37376 POINTS
    David G. Pipes, CLU®, RICP®
    Business Development Officer, T.D. McNeil Insurance Services, Fresno, California
    In California, all the drivers in a household should be listed on the auto policy. The policy covers all the drivers in the household unless they are excluded. If your brother lives with you all you have to do is notify your agent. If your brother does not live with you but is going to drive your car, with your permission, you are not required to do anything. Insurance follows the car and the car will remain insured as long as the driver has your permission to operate the car.
    Answered on September 18, 2014
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>