1. 16470 POINTS
    David Osgood
    Agent, Rural Mutual Insurance Co., Union Grove, WI
    If you have a learners permit you are more than likely driving only with a blood relative or legal guardian that you currently reside with. If that is the case then you should be covered by the existing auto insurance policy that they have in place when you are driving their vehicle with them.
    Answered on November 7, 2013
  2. 200 POINTS
    Sean Mooney
    Broker, Mooney Insurance Brokers, Philadelphia, PA
    Each carrier is different but I have found that the most common practice is that a driver with a learner's permit is not added to an auto policy until they are actually licensed. Coverage under a relative's policy would extend to the driver with a permit in the event of a claim.
    Answered on November 12, 2013
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>