1. 1805 POINTS
    Samuel Smith
    Enrolled Agent-licensed to practice before the IRS, Samuel N Smith, EA, South Carolina
    In order to have "full" coverage you have two coverages-collision and comprehensive.

    Collision covers you if your car is involved in an accident.
    Comprehensive covers damage caused by incidients othan collision and covers Theft, fire, vandalism, weather, falling objects, and animal damage.
    then you have to decide if you want towing, and car rental if your car is inoperable
    Answered on November 24, 2013
  2. 14231 POINTS
    Tom Sheehan
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    For the most part, when someone refers to "full coverage" car insurance, they are referring to a policy that provides two key elements of coverage. Physical Damage protection for your car in the form of both Comprehensive and Collision is one of these, and Liability is the other. Some companies provide "Single Limit" Liability coverage meaning that both bodily injury and property damage coverage are combined in the same total pool. Others provide "split limit" meaning that you have a certain stated amount of coverage for Bodily Injury protection and a separate stated amount for Property Damage. In many states, a third element is required along with Liability in order to register your car and that is commonly referred to as "Uninsured Motorist/Underinsured Motorist" coverage. This provides benefits to you and your family members if you are injured as a result of an accident caused by someone operating a car with no or limited liability insurance. These areas consitute the main portions of a "full coverage" policy, but there may also be additional elements. Primary Medical payment, roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, full glass, etc may also be included for example.
    Answered on March 2, 2015
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>