1. 12689 POINTS
    Ted Ratliff
    Owner, SFS Associates,
    It depends on the State you live in.  In Ohio and many other States the minimum has been set at $12,500 per person $25,000 per occurrence with $7,500 in property damage.  My feeling is that these amounts are too low.  The cost of a new car today is in excess of $20,000.  Medical costs are sky rocketing.  If you were injured in an accident and had to replace your car and pay high Medical bills would you be satisfied with these amounts?  Would you have an additional $10,000 to replace your car?  Do you have in excess of $50,000 or more to pay additional hospital costs and rehab?  States need to look at, and I recommend, increasing these limits to a minimum of $50,000 per person, $100,000 per occurrence with $50,000 property damage.
    Answered on July 9, 2013
  2. 2210 POINTS
    Brenda Hanson
    Vice President/Agent, Best Rates Insurance Inc, Kalispell Montana
    In Montana the state minimum is $25,000 per person  $50,000 per accident medical payment to other and $10,000 in property damage. This coverage is damage to others  your are not required to have un insured or under insured or medical payments but it is recommended .Even though the cost of insurance rates are high the cost of damage with out insurance is much more. Compare rates with many carriers and see if they can help you keep your cost down and your coverage up. In many cases  it is as little at $10 a month difference with the higher limits.
    The point being is that is does no one any good to  have little coverage nor does it help you out if an agent sells you something you can't afford. Talk to an agent and see what you can get for the best coverage and at the best rate that fits in your budget.
    Answered on July 9, 2013
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>