1. 14231 POINTS
    Tom Sheehan
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    It is best to talk to your Insurance Professional about the specific terms and conditions of your Homeowners' policy. That having been said, Insurance is not a maintenance policy. If your boiler just gave out, then generally speaking no I would not expect your Homeowners' coverage to replace the unit. However, if the tank ruptured and the result was water damage to your walls or stored personal belongings, then it may be that coverage would apply to the damage caused by the water, but not for the replacement of your boiler. Remember that if any coverage would apply, the settlement would be subject to your policy deductible.
    Answered on April 2, 2015
  2. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>