1. 155 POINTS
    Denise Billings
    Producer, Anixter & Oser Inc, Novato California
    You should expect that the answer is no, but always call your agent to inquire.  Wear & tear is almost always excluded and it you must replace to the boiler due to age there won't be any coverage under your homeowner's policy.  If the boiler was damaged by a peril covered under your homeowners policy such as fire or lightning, the answer could be different
    Answered on May 13, 2013
  2. 37376 POINTS
    David G. Pipes, CLU®, RICP®
    Business Development Officer, T.D. McNeil Insurance Services, Fresno, California
    Boilers are a specialized form of insurance and include inspection services.  The homeowner’s policy will cover a loss that results from a sudden release of water or steam.  The “vessel” is the issue here and a homeowner’s policy does not cover the boiler.  The same is true of a residential hot water heater.  The policy will pay for loss as the result of a failure; however, it will not replace the appliance.
    Answered on March 10, 2014
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>