1. 14231 POINTS
    Tom Sheehan
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    Generally speaking, yes, a standard "all risk" Homeowners policy would cover damage resulting from a lightening strike.  Certainly damage to your house itself, but also that caused by the sudden electrical surge through either power or cable lines that might damage or destroy appliances or other components would all be covered under your homeowners' policy.
    IN addition, if the electrical storm knocks your poer out and you are in teh dark for several days, in many cases your homeowners' policy would also pay to replace lost food items out of your regrigerator and freezer.
    Answered on July 10, 2013
  2. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>