1. 105 POINTS
    Jeff Perkins
    Tustin Insurance Agency, Tustin, CA
    As with most insurance questions, the answer includes read your specific policy.

    There are different policy forms which include different "levels" of coverage for both the home itself and the property inside. Basic and Broad form policies only cover you against a specific list of perils. Pet damage is not on this list.

    Special form policies, however, typically cover the home against any perils not specifically excluded. Most carriers do not exclude pet damage and therefore it would be covered. Unless specifically endorsed, the property inside the home may still be covered under the broad form list of perils even if the home is covered by special form. This leads to a scenario where the home would be covered for pet damage but the property inside would not.

    As always, the loss would be subject to your deductible so only losses exceeding that amount would be paid.
    Answered on April 10, 2013
  2. 15645 POINTS
    Edward HarrisPRO
    Owner, Best Health And Car Insurance Rates - Instant Online Quotes, US
    Bad dog! Fido! How could you do that? No Beggin Strips for you for a year and you can forget about that brand new diamond-studded flea collar. And...you're sleeping in the garage tonight, not in your bed upstairs!

    OK...Back to the question. Often, the liability portion of your policy covers damage that your pet may have caused to other persons outside of your home.
    Answered on May 25, 2013
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>