1. 475 POINTS
    Michael Pelfrey
    Owner/Agent, Pelfrey Financial Services, Lexington, KY
    Homeowner's insurance does not cover accidental death.  If a guest is injured on your property, homeowner’s insurance will cover $1,000 of medical expenses per person per incident.  It will not provide any coverage per persons living in the home.  If you are concerned about additional liability, an umbrella insurance policy can be purchased that provides coverage above and beyond what your normal homeowner’s and auto insurance policies cover.  
    Answered on November 26, 2013
  2. 14231 POINTS
    Tom Sheehan
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    There are Homeowner policies that I have seen over the years that do provide some limited coverage for accidental death. However, that having been said, it is always best to talk with your Insurance Professional about the specific terms and conditions of your policy. It is a good idea to be sure that your policy provides a substantilal enough amout of Liability protection that is reasonable to cover your family's financial exposure. If the Homeowners policy will only provide a certain amount, talk about adding a Personal Umbrella Liability Policy to your plans. That works along with both your Home and Auto policies to provide an extra measure of protection. Usualy coverage is available beginning at $1 million and can go as high as $5 million.
    Answered on March 2, 2015
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>