1. 16470 POINTS
    David Osgood
    Agent, Rural Mutual Insurance Co., Union Grove, WI
    When purchasing your homeonwers insurance coverage the insurance carrier will typically use a software program that will try to determine the cost of reconstructiing your home at that time. Nomally you will have to provide some detailed information about your home for the software to do its job properly. Contact a local agent to get mor information about the coverage you need and the pricing for that coverage.
    Answered on September 22, 2013
  2. 0 POINTS
    Felicia Chavez
    COMMERCIAL SPECIALIST, Victor Gamez Insurance Agency, Lubbock, tx
    You should always see your home as in investment.  You want to make sure that in the event of a loss your family will be taken care of.  So many times people do not have insurance and they are left in the street. If you cannot afford to get a replacement cost policy, you should at least get an actual cash value policy for the value of the home. 
    Answered on November 12, 2013
  3. 14231 POINTS
    Tom Sheehan
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    Start by talking with your Insurance Professional about the coverage options available to you. They will need as much detail about the house as you can provide including the property address, year and style of construction, any specialty items etc. Some of this information is also available now through municipal on line resources and, if a new purchase, real estate listings. your advisor will use this information to carefully prepare a "Reconstruction Analysis" of your home that will determine for both of you the recommended amount of coverage to ptoperly re build your home at current construction rates. Your policy more than likely will have a form of "Replacement Guarantee" built in that will help to keep it up to date upon each renewal.
    Answered on June 6, 2016
  4. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>