1. 14231 POINTS
    Tom Sheehan
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    Mortgage companies and banks sometimes refer to Homeowners' Insurance as "Hazard" insurance.  Homeowners' Insurance provides coverage in the event there is a loss caused by a "hazard" and thus the reference.  Homeowners' policies can covere a wide range of these hazards or perils, or can specifically limit the coverage in some cases.
    Answered on July 15, 2013
  2. 1844 POINTS
    David W. Clausen
    Chief Executive Officer, Coastal Homeowners Insurance Solutions, Rocky Point, NY 11778
    Part of your mortgage requirements is that you maintain 'Hazard Insurance'. In a general sense the mortgage company is requested proof that your home is insured. If you look in your mortgage commitment, you will notice a section called 'Hazard Insurance Requirements'. This outlines what the mortgage company will require from an insurance standpoint. Make sure to review that section carefully. If your insurance were to cancel they will put 'forced placed insurance' on your home. The coverage provided under forced placed insurance is generally less comprehensive and more expensive. You should as your mortgage broker to review that clause. As always, check with your local independent insurance agent before making any decisions. Hope this answer helps.
    Answered on May 31, 2016
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>