1. 455 POINTS
    Todd Officer
    President, Officer Insurance, Nashville, TN
    That's kind of a tough question to answer becuase many homeowners policies cover a multitude of things.  In general terms if you house catches on fire, is broken into, is damaged by wind hail or lightning, your pipes burst, some body trips and falls on your proprty and gets hurt you could have a claims situation on your homeowners policy.  This is just scratching the surface as every policy is different in every state.  Most carriers add in a bunch of "extra" coverages too.

    To truly know what your homeowners policy covers, you need to do two things 1) Call you local independent agent and discuss you policy with them 2) Actually read your policy.  I know reading a legal contract is your idea of fun night curled up by the fire, but  it is in your best interest to actually read your entire policy, know what it includes and excludes and ask your agent about things you have questions on....
    Answered on May 6, 2013
  2. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>