1. 37376 POINTS
    David G. Pipes, CLU®, RICP®PRO
    Business Development Officer, T.D. McNeil Insurance Services, Fresno, California
    The term “loss of use” is probably referring to Coverage D on the standard Homeowner’s policy.  This provides that if your home is damaged as a result of one of the named perils (fire, lightning etc.) the company will pay the necessary and reasonable increase in living expenses that you incur to maintain the normal standard of living for your household.  This would apply if the premises are unfit for use.  The company may choose to settle you in new quarters.
    Answered on April 24, 2014
  2. 14231 POINTS
    Tom SheehanPRO
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    If your home is severely damaged or destroyed by a covered peril in your policy, a fire for example, and the house is not fit to be lived in, this coverage in your policy will pay for additional living expenses for you and your family.  These can include staying in a hotel or temporarily renting  a place for you to live.  It can also include the above normal costs to eat out or do laundry etc.
    Answered on April 25, 2014
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>