1. 12689 POINTS
    Ted Ratliff
    Owner, SFS Associates,
    It depends on the nature of the business.  If you have a steady stream of customers coming to your business then you may at least want to consider increasing your liability limits.  You may also want to add coverage for business pursuits to your homeowners policy.  The best thing is to speak with your agent, let him know what you are doing and have him guide you.
    Answered on April 29, 2013
  2. 0 POINTS
    Dmitriy Glazer
    The provision of your homeowners policy that covers business pursuits is applicable only when your main office is away from your home and you take work home. For example, a notary public working from a professional office, also can meet with clients at his home office (on weekends, or after hours). Other than that, your homeowners policy won't cover business related claims. It may in some instances provide coverage for "sleep and fall" accidents and business personal property, but frankly, you must have a stand alone business insurance. 
    Insurance coverage for your business will depend on your operations and other specifics. 
    If you are an importer of consumer goods you would need a product liability insurance, if you are a contractor - general liability insurance, and so on. Your business insurance agent should be able to suggest correct coverage.
    Answered on April 30, 2013
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>