1. 12689 POINTS
    Ted RatliffPRO
    Owner, SFS Associates,
    Unless you are operating a home based business, homeowners and renters insurance is not a deductible expense. If you are operating a home based business you may be able to deduct a portion of the insurance as a business expense under Schedule C. Check with your tax adviser to see if you qualify and what portion you may claim.
    Answered on March 16, 2015
  2. 1185 POINTS
    Scott W JohnsonPRO
    Manager, Marindependent Insurance Services LLC, California
    This is more of a tax question than an Insurance question, however, generally speaking personal insurance is usually not deductible on your income taxes unless it is related to a business and is a business expense.
    Answered on November 7, 2016
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>