1. 14231 POINTS
    Tom SheehanPRO
    Agency Owner, The Thomas G Sheehan Agency, 27 Glen Road Sandy Hook, CT 06482
    Talk to your insurance professional about the specific terms and conditions of your policy. In many cases, a renters policy will provide coverage for a certain amount of your personal property while outside of your home. If you are the victim of such a crime, certainly be sure to notify both the hotel management as well as the local police as having such reports available to your claims professional may help to speed the settlement process.
    Answered on November 21, 2014
  2. 165 POINTS
    Eddie Arriola
    President and Agent, Bow Tie Financial Group,
    Generally speaking, home and/or renter's insurance covers 10% of personal property off premises. So if you have $25,000 of personal property coverage, you'd have $2,500 available off premises. This applies to your car, out and about town, in class, or at your hotel.

    It is still subject to your deductible and still subject to whether it is at actual cash value or replacement cost. Your agent will know how much is covered, though.
    Answered on May 23, 2017
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>