1. 429 POINTS
    Rich Haag
    President, Rich Haag & Associates, Inc., Clayton, NC
    That answer depends on the type of loss occurred. If you have a policy that offers Special coverage than you are covered for everything but what is excluded. If you have broad or basic coverage then you have a list in your policy of what types of losses are covered.

    Typically jewelry will have a separate limit with a maximum of $500 per item. Clothes are considered part of your contents coverage and have no other limits.

    Let us say it was a fire, then your clothes could be covered up to the limits of your policy and jewelry would be subject to the separate limits listed.
    Answered on January 21, 2015
  2. 37376 POINTS
    David G. Pipes, CLU®, RICP®
    Business Development Officer, T.D. McNeil Insurance Services, Fresno, California
    Your clothes and jewelry are covered under a renter’s policy. They are covered against loss from named perils. Most renters’ policies have a limit on recovery for jewelry. The key is the cause of the loss. Recovery on any loss is limited by the limits found in the declarations of the policy.
    Answered on January 21, 2015
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>