1. 12689 POINTS
    Ted Ratliff
    Owner, SFS Associates,
    Your Medical insurance will cover an auto accident however, if you are in an accident and your health insurance pays, then when your auto insurance accident claim is settled you need to pay back to the health insurance company any moneys received up to the amount that was paid out by your health insurance. You cannot receive double benefits.
    Answered on April 16, 2013
  2. 15786 POINTS
    Bob VineyardPRO
    Founder, Georgia Medicare Plans, Atlanta,GA
    Most health insurance plans will cover your medical expenses when you are injured in an auto accident.
    There are exceptions of course.
    If you are injured in an auto accident while traveling on company business your employers workers comp plan is expected to be primary and your health insurance plan secondary.
    Your health insurance plan will exercise their subrogation rights against the workers comp carrier to recoup any "double payment".
    Similarly, if your claim is covered in total or partially by an auto insurance carrier (yours or someone at fault) subrogation rights will kick in as well.
    Answered on April 26, 2013
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>