Cathy Sorge
    insurance agent, Farmers Insurance, Santa Clarita, CA
    Full coverage usually means that an insured person has liability coverage as well as collision and comprehensive coverages on a vehicle, which means that there is bodily injury, property damage, collision and comprehensive.  Then there are the optional coverages such as medical payments, Uninsured motorist bodily injury and uninsured property damage as well as rental coverage and/or loss of use and towing and labor. Hopefully that answers your question.
    Answered on November 12, 2013
  2. 1370 POINTS
    Jack Heller
    Owner, Insurance Browser,
    I think Cathy gave you a good answer. If I could,I might just expand to say,that in the first half of the twentieth century there were two types of auto insurance policies one for liability issues and one for physical damage issues. In fact many insurance agents of that era started working as physical damage agents connected with an auto retail dealer. Over time the notion became that one could buy Liability and Physical damage coverage which was then considered to be "full coverage'" or cover more fully your exposures rather than buying only a liability policy. Those days are long gone and now most insurers cover a multitude of coverage types. My advice to anyone looking to properly insure your exposure to loss is to consider buying all the coverages you can. In the process of considering coverage ask an agent to explain how that particular coverage works. Education of the public is just one thing a good agent does whether they sell a policy or not.
    Answered on November 14, 2013
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>