1. 37376 POINTS
    David G. Pipes, CLU®, RICP®
    Business Development Officer, T.D. McNeil Insurance Services, Fresno, California
    That is not a common term.  I suspect what you are asking about is comprehensive insurance.  This is also known as "other than collision" insurance.  It provides coverage for physical damage to a vehicle that happens other than in a collision.  This includes things like, fire, theft, vandalism, weather and others.  It also can include "acts of God" which are those things which are outside human control, lighting, tornado etc.
    Answered on February 18, 2014
  2. 730 POINTS
    Darald Novak AAI
    Retired Agent and Broker, Self Employed, Albany NY USA
    "All Risk" is a misnomer. The contract wording that relates to this term usually reads something like this: "All risks of physical loss except otherwise excluded..." The term "comprehensive" usually is defined as: complete; including all or nearly all elements or aspects of something.
    Far from it when dealing with a contract of insurance. Again, a thorough reading of the contract will reveal exactly what is and what is not covered. Named perils are specifically listed and may also be in the policy definitions. Open perils (sometimes referred to as all risk) can also be determined by reading the contract.
    Answered on October 20, 2016
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>