1. 15786 POINTS
    Bob VineyardPRO
    Founder, Georgia Medicare Plans, Atlanta,GA
    Social Security determines if and when you are eligible for Medicare. If you (or your spouse) have worked in the Social Security system long enough to earn the proper credits, you have earned your Medicare card. In most cases Medicare will send your card to you about 60 - 90 days in advance of your 65th birthday.
    Answered on June 4, 2014
  2. 135 POINTS
    Bobby Scott
    Associate, World Finance Group,
    First, you must find out if you are eligible for a Medicare Card. Medicare.gov use an online calculator to determine who gets a Medicare Card. You enter your date of birth on this website. To qualify, you must pay Medicare taxes for at least 10 years. You also have to be age 65 or older. Individuals can qualify if they also have a special condition or if they are disable under the Medicare definition. You can visit your local social security office or call 1-800-325-0778 to find out how to get a card. Basically, on the website, you sign-up and then you choose a plan or the coverage you need. Then, fill out the initial enrollment form questions and Medicare will send you a card.
    Answered on October 28, 2015
  3. 1976 POINTS
    Ronald HinchPRO
    Regional Marketing Director, Capital Choice Financial Group,
    You will receive your medicare card around 60 to 90 days before your 65th birthday. Let me mention that medicare covers only 80% of your medical needs and leaves you with 20% to pay out - of - pocket. Consider getting a medicare supplement to cover the gap. There are many reasonably inexpensive med supp policies out there.
    Answered on April 11, 2016
  4. 1866 POINTS
    Paul RothPRO
    Senior Commercial and Annuity Specialist, Freedom Brokers, Marion, Carbondale, Harrisburg IL
    To qualify for Medicare, you must have paid in Medicare Tax for 10 years, be 65 years old, or have been on disability for 24 months, or have a qualifying medical issue. Once you qualify for Medicare, you will have an open enrollment window, three months before, the month of, and three months after your eligibility date to be in the open enrollment period. You can get any Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage product available in your area without a physical. Check with an agent who represents both products to get the best result for you.
    If you are covered by employers health insurance, check with your benefits coordinator first. If you are not covered by your employer's medical coverage, make sure you enroll in a prescription drug plan (part D) during that time also, to avoid penalties for late enrollment.
    Answered on July 5, 2016
  5. Did you find these answers helpful?
    Yes
    No
    Go!

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.


<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>