1. 11498 POINTS
    Jason GoldenzweigPRO
    Co-Founder, TermInsuranceBrokers.com, Goldenzweig Financial Group, Las Vegas, Nevada
    There are two main expenses you're responsible for in Medicare Part B - the monthly premium ($104.90 for those with incomes of $85,000 or less, or $170,000 or less for those married filing jointly on their tax returns. The premium is higher if you're above these income levels) and the deductible.

    I believe you're referring to the Medicare Part B deductible. The deductible for 2014 is $147 (no change from 2013).

    Original Medicare (Parts A & B) takes care of approximately 80% of the cost for your healthcare. A medicare supplement is great to add to Original Medicare for those on a fixed income as it can help take care of the other 20% and create a much more predictable expense structure for your healthcare.
    Answered on March 12, 2014
  2. Did you find these answers helpful?
    Yes
    No
    Go!

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.


<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>