1. 2275 POINTS
    Bill Loughead
    President, SummitMedigap.com, CO, FL, GA, MI, NC, SC & TX
    Medicare Part A & Part B only covers about 80% of the cost of your healthcare. In addition, the 20% that you are responsible for does not have a limit. No max out of pocket or cap so if something major happens you could be left with a lot of very expensive medical bills. Millions of Americans age 65 and over buy a Medigap policy to cover what Medicare Part A & B does not. There are several plans to choose from but all Medigap Plans have a letter such as Plan F, Plan G, Plan J, etc. If it doesn't have a letter it's not a Medigap Policy.

    I would be happy to answer any other questions you have.
    Answered on August 24, 2014
  2. 2310 POINTS
    Steve Adlman
    Owner, Alabama Medicare Plans, Birmingham, Alabama
    You need a Medicare Supplement because Medicare only covers 80% of your approved Part B expenses. You are responsible for the other 20% with no limit on what you could owe. When faced with serious or chronic health conditions you could be responsible for thousands of dollars in medical bills if you don't have a Medicare Supplement. If you wait to enroll in a Medicare Supplement because your health has changed you may be very disappointed if your application is not approved because of the pre-existing health condition.
    Answered on April 10, 2017
  3. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>