1. 4470 POINTS
    Brandon Roberts
    Owner, The Insurance Pro Blog,
    Yes you generally can.  This depends on the severity of your condition and the frequency of flare-up.  It will also depend on how compliant you are with recommended medical treatment and how up to date you are on your health maintenance.  
    Answered on November 9, 2013
  2. 63333 POINTS
    Peggy Mace
    Most of the U.S.
    Yes, most life insurance companies will cover persons with rheumatoid arthritis. If you are able to do all your own activities of daily living, hold a job, and are not on narcotic medications, you may be rated at least Standard or better. If your arthritis is severe enough that you are on disability or need a caregiver, there are simplified issue policies that can be obtained in almost every situation.
    Answered on November 9, 2013
  3. 7479 POINTS
    Steve Kobrin
    President, The Firm of Steven H. Kobrin, LUTCF, 6-05 Saddle River Rd #103, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
    Quick answer: yes. Definite answer: we have to see.

    Here are some underwriting considerations:

    How long ago was it diagnosed?
    How often do flares occur?
    How are pain and joint swelling controlled?
    What medications are being used?
    Have the medications affected the heart, lungs or kidneys?
    Any complications such as bone erosion or cartilage damage?
    Any deformities to bones or joins?
    Have the deformities impaired functioning?

    Well, there you go. Once these questions are answered, you will know for sure.
    Answered on April 16, 2015
  4. Did you find these answers helpful?

Add Your Answer To This Question

You must be logged in to add your answer.

<< Previous Question
Questions Home
Next Question >>